Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Extreme Makeover, World History Edition

Recently I picked up a brochure from an Islamic literature booth in a local mall. The pamphlet was entitled "Jihad," so of course I couldn't resist. While reading the column labeled "Is Jihad Holy War?" I about choked. You can read it below [click on the image to enlarge].

Let me summarize it for you: we Muslims didn't fight wars for religion until we learned it from you!

Well, that is an interesting interpretation of history. Simultaneously full of blame and void of knowledge. The author must have been either purposefully dishonest, or completely unacquainted with his own core religious texts and traditions.

I'll let the ever-erudite Bernard Lewis address this issue here. Please excuse his coughing. He's old.

No comments:

Post a Comment